Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Work from Summer 2014

Untitled (as of yet) Mix Media on Paper, 22'' x 30''


This summer I took a little break from printmaking and spent some time drawing and painting. It's a cycle I use to refresh my ideas. After a long period of printmaking (woodblock) I seem to need time to draw and paint to formulate and flesh out my ideas, then it is on to more prints. I enjoy the break from carving and I love how my paintings take on strong graphic layers that are informed from years of block printing.


Installed at Bridget Mayer Gallery

Circles - 12'' x 12'' - acrylic on wood panel

This summer I had the opportunity to paint this 12 x 12 panel for The Bridget Mayer Gallery's Annual Benefit Exhibition.


Flower Bomb - 22'' x 15'' - watercolor and acrylic on paper
Needless to say, it has been a very colorful summer. I am excited to take some new color pallets, motifs, and imagery to the print shop this fall. Stay tuned, as I am gearing up for the fall and winter holiday seasons, there will be a lot more coming out of the Imperiale Prints Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment