Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Custom Spirit Animal Journals

I was really excited when I saw someone had ordered a custom spirit animal journal from my Etsy shop. Jacob from Mississippi chose a rabbit in red and yellow. The journal / sketchbook made a thoughtful, one of a kind Valentine gift for his girlfriend.




It's easy to order your own Spirit Animal Journal, and for $68 (includes shipping) you can have a one of kind work of art for writing and drawing in. Go to my Etsy Shop and follow these simple steps:

1) Choose your spirit animal (who inspires you?)
2) Choose one or two colors
3) Add your Initials (1-4 letters) on the back for an additional $5 (Add "Custom Journal Initials" prior to check out)
4) Choose your paper, plain or grid. (Sarah chose grid because she likes to write a lot)

Size = 8.5 inches x 5.5 inches x 1 inch
Each journal is one of a kind, special just for you.

I create my patterns by printing woodblocks by hand. I then take the print and carefully cut out the animal's silhouette. The print is then wraps the covers and is sealed with a matte finish to ensure durability. I then bind the book by hand using a Coptic stitch. This stitch is both beautiful and functional as it exposed as little knots of the spine of the book. The exposed spine also allows the book to lay open completely flat, making it very easy to work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment